The ugly duckling didn’t need to become a swan. It was already a swan.
Contemplate the following points:
- Freedom is here already. Totally here. (You don’t need to achieve it)
- No separate doer-entity is already the case. (You don’t need to remove anything)
- Awareness already accepts everything that happens within it and is already unattached from objects/untouched by objects. (You do not need to let go)
- Awareness, in our direct experience, is ever-present and constant. It is the essence of who we are (experientially speaking). (This is the basis of emotional security: all emotions come and go but our essence remains untouched).
- Reliance upon (limited) objects to give lasting happiness results in inevitable suffering. (There is no need to compulsively chase subtle or gross objects)
Look, investigate, and see things as they are.
Various teachings can help you along the way, but in essence, what more needs to be done?
Note, it can take time for all this to be seen, and thankfully for the seeker, there are a set of teachings that can guide one through this process. I call these ‘the structured teachings’, and it forms the basis of the way I share this message. Please see tomdas.com/events for further information or the video below for an introduction.