Do you know for certain that you are the body?
Do you know for certain that you are not the body?
The honest answer to both these questions is ‘no’.
‘I am not the body’ is a tool by which one can weed out the ‘I am the body’ notion.
Then once the work is done, like the thorn used to remove a thorn, throw them both away.
What is reality then?
Reality is simply whatever is left over when concepts of self and no-self are no longer believed in.
Reality is the ineffable indescribable indefinable ever-obvious ever-present ‘now’.
These verses will be elucidated further in upcoming posts:
- Are you or are you not the body?
- Why does understanding the body matter?
- Why seeing/understanding alone may not be enough
- Integrating the understanding of no-doer
- Problems with utilising conceptual tools
- Practising Knowledge
- Discarding knowledge as ignorance
- Integrating knowledge/spontaneous action
- Am I the body?
4 thoughts on “Do you know for certain that you are the body?”
Thank you Tom